A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Warp into a busy galaxy with nothing but your wits and a tiny ship. Explore sectors, mine asteroids, sell resources and upgrade your loadout. Attack other ships and steal their resources but beware: factions won't tolerate hostility for long without retaliation.
Masteroid is a stylized space sandbox game built by a one-person indie developer. Masteroid is in active development (see latest features below) with new updates approximately monthly. Purchasing the game gives you access to all future updates on Itch.io for free!
Explore new sectors, gain favor with factions, fight ships or take on whole fleets and earn your fortune. Masteroid offers the experience of big space games in an accessible, relaxed package.
New in v0.4.0 (October release):
- Game now has pause menu instead of just exiting sector
- Improved gamepad controls
- Menu backgrounds are now randomly-generated sectors
- Huge, unique stations created for each sector!
- Worked on some new art & content that aren't in the game....yet :)
- OS: Windows 7+ or MacOS
- Processor: Any modern Intel/AMD
- RAM: 4GB+
- GPU: Any modern integrated or dedicated
- HD: 100mb of space required
- Internet: Ideal but not required
- Scrolling is broken on the resolution menu in settings. We have a fix that will be deployed with the November release!
- The Mac build does not use Apple's signing process and is considered "insecure" by MacOS. You must control click the app and chose "open" to allow the game to run.
Please see our troubleshooting page!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: